31 March 2007 - SBS Transit is launching an island-wide “Ride & Redeem” programme to reward loyal commuters who travel on SBS buses, North East Line (NEL) trains and Sengkang or Punggol LRT. From 1 April 2007 to 31 March 2008, commuters will be rewarded for every trip that they take with SBS Transit using their ez-link cards.
This “Ride & Redeem” rewards programme is the first of its kind offered for public transport services. Commuters can earn Transit Dollars (TDs) for every trip fare spent. They can then use these TDs, accumulated in their ez-link cards, to redeem for various prizes. For example, if a commuter spends $0.65 on one of the trips, 0.65 TDs will be earned. If he accumulates 50 TDs, he can exchange it for a free brownie. Other treats include manicure services and even free dishes at dining outlets.
Commuters can also earn Bonus Dollars (BDs) if there is a usage value increase of at least $1 as compared to the previous week. These BDs can also be used to redeem for attractive prizes such as resort stays. New prizes will be offered every quarter.
Said SBS Transit Executive Director, Mr Ong Boon Leong, “We constantly look out for innovative ways to reward our customers, to thank them for their support and patronage. This latest promotion is one where they can enjoy treats all year round simply by travelling with SBS Transit. Certainly, we want to make travelling for our commuters more rewarding and we will continue to do so with the support of our partners as all the treats that we offer are sponsored by them.”
To participate in this programme, commuters will need to register their ez-link cards on our website at www.sbstransit.com.sg. There is no registration fee required. The first 2,000 commuters to sign up will also receive a free Mr Bean soya milk drink.
Please refer to the attached fact sheet or visit our website at http://www.sbstransit.com.sg for details.
Period of Rewards Programme
- From 1 April 2007 to 31 March 2008
Highlight of Prizes
- First commuter to earn 20 Bonus Dollars (BD) will get a Bintan Lagoon suite stay for two worth $800.
- Every quarter, the top 5 Transit Dollars (TD) earners will get a 3D2N stay at Bintan Lagoon worth $672.
- Other attractive prizes include restaurant vouchers, movie tickets, manicure & pedicure vouchers, etc.
- Commuters can redeem from as low as 50 TD or 1 BD.
How to earn Transit Dollars (TD)?
- Simply travel on any SBS Transit bus, North East Line (NEL) trains, Sengkang or Punggol LRT using an ez-link card.
- For every dollar spent, 1 TD will be earned.
- A minimum of 50 TDs must be accumulated for a redemption.
How to earn Bonus Dollars (BD)?
- Just ride an extra dollar with us each week* (as compared to previous week’s spending) to earn one BD.
- An additional BD will be given if the commuter continues to increase his/her spending by at least $1 the following week.
- BDs earned will subsequently start from 1 again once there is a decrease in spending.
*Week is defined as Monday to Sunday with base week starting from Monday of the registered week.
Example: Commuter registers on 2 April 2007
At the end of week 8, commuter has earned a total of 58.50 TDs and 12 BDs. With these TDs & BDs, commuter can now make a redemption for both TDs and BDs or he/she can wait to accumulate more before redeeming for other gifts.
||Total as of 24 June 07|
How to register?
How to redeem?
- Commuters can check the total TDs or BDs accumulated on their ez-link cards via our website, and match it against the number of TDs or BDs needed for each individual prize to redeem. Once a successful redemption is made, the TDs and BDs will be reduced accordingly.
- For most prizes, e-vouchers will be issued almost instantly and commuters just need to bring it down to the point of purchase to enjoy the reward.
- For prizes of higher value, commuters will need to come down personally to SBS Transit head office at 205 Braddell Road to collect the items.
The more you ride with us, the more rewards you get.
So hurry, register now and ride with SBS Transit!